Travel to 4 facilities necessary. Potentially up to 20% SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic sourcing strategies which support key business objectives at the corporate and at the operating business level using criticality analysis, business knowledge, competitive analysis, and sourcing expertise.
LOCATION: Eden Prairie, MN
WAGE TYPE: Salaried
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Based at headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with operating businesses and develop sourcing and procurement activities that support key business objectives.
- Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the ATEK Companies to ensure consistent and high-quality delivery.
- Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management
- Lead business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identify new purchasing opportunities and savings strategies through spend concentration analysis, and then ensure sourcing meets its committed savings objectives.
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met and lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations.
- Support and mentor the ATEK Companies supply chain teams who are responsible for day-to-day management activities.
- Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing, supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- 10 + years of experience in purchasing and sourcing
- Prior experience in manufacturing
- Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Confident innegotiating, administering, extending, terminating and re-negotiating contracts
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of domestic and international procurement practices and requirements
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced computer skills including an aptitude for ERP/MRPII and MS Office® Suite
- Problem solving and data analysis skills
- Works in climate-controlled office 90% of time. Will have periodic exposure to manufacturing environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.
- Travel to 4 facilities necessary. Potentially up to 20%.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disability