SUMMARY: Responsible for continual improvement of foundry molding processes to impact safety, quality and productivity.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and validate operating processes for existing products.
- Lead and complete continuous process improvement projects.
- Lead process-based problem resolution in support of day to day operations of the foundry.
- Work with design engineering to identify and resolve equipment and tooling-based issues.
- Develop and document operating instructions that maintain process control.
- Work with production processes to ensure that daily production runs meet quoted parameters including cycle times, product quality and scrap rates.
- Educate process operators on proper procedures and process control.
- Develop lean manufacturing methods throughout the facility.
- Responsible for all process related functions in support of foundry operations.
- Perform any, and all, other job related tasks as assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: Reports to: Foundry Process Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High school degree or GED is required; engineering degree is preferred. Must have ten+ years foundry experience directly related to molding and process engineering
- Demonstrated experienced in molding process problem solving in a foundry environment
- Experience in the reduction of foundry process scrap
- Experience in delivering continuous improvement projects
- Aluminum foundry experience
- Six Sigma methodology experience
- Foundry automation experience
- Experience in core make and post molding processes (heat treatment, de-core, finishing)
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with employees
- Must be able to drive excellent results while maintaining positive and effective relationships with peers and subordinates
- Must be able to train operators for continued performance improvement
- Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disability