SUMMARY: Direct the activities of foundry process engineering for daily manufacturing operations and continuous improvement efforts. Works closely with Business Development, Project Launch Team, Quality and Operations to assure successful integration of new projects into manufacturing operations. Supports lean manufacturing and factory automation initiatives within operations.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and validate operating processes for new (supporting Project Launch Team) and existing products.
- Lead and complete continuous process improvement projects.
- Lead process-based problem resolution.
- Work with design engineering to identify and resolve equipment and tooling-based issues.
- Work with equipment providers and outside vendors to select new process equipment as required for capacity expansion or new process requirements.
- Develop and document operating instructions that maintain process control.
- Work with production processes to ensure that daily production runs meet quoted parameters including cycle times, product quality and scrap rates.
- Educate process operators on proper procedures.
- Develop lean manufacturing throughout the facility.
- Responsible for all process related functions in the facility.
- Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned
Reports to: VP of Operations
Supervises: Process Engineer, Foundry Process Technician, Foundry Process Technicians,
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High school degree or GED is required; engineering degree is preferred.
- Must have ten + years foundry process experience directly related to metal casting, core make, heat treatment and finishing processes
- Proven process engineering leadership skills and experience.
- Hands-on problem-solving expertise and experience in a high-volume metal casting environment
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Willing to support 3 shift operation
- Aluminum permanent and semi-permanent process experience
- Experience in deploying foundry automation
- Low pressure, tilt pour, and traditional gravity permanent mold process experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with employees
- Must be able to drive excellent results while maintaining positive and effective relationships with peers and subordinates
Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.
Will be expected to participate and lead hands-on problem solving efforts in all foundry process areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabilities