SUMMARY: The Machinist will be responsible for day to day duties within the machining cell including; set up, operation, and maintenance of all CNC machines. Responsibilities include performing work duties safely and effectively as specified in the written work instruction.
Location: New Hampton, IA
WAGE TYPE: Hourly Non Exempt
FLSA Exemption: N/A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate equipment and overall cell in a safe and productive manner, while ensuring quality parts are produced, which meet or exceed quality standards set by the company.
- Accurately complete records including inventory, production, quality records and defective parts.
- Inform the Lead Machinist of potential problems with equipment or product. Perform job set-up and tool changes.
- Assist in machine adjustments and repair.
- Machinists must have a strong understanding of how to read blueprints.
Reports to: Jonathan Averhoff
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Basic knowledge of GD&T required.
- Experience in aluminum material on a HMC CNC preferred.
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training in CNC Machining
- Experience in HMC operation & manual CNC programming experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years metal cutting experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Ability to work independently, to make decisions, and to keep management updated on progress as required
- Problem solving and data analysis skills
- Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.