SUMMARY: Provides technical oversight for day to day maintenance of the existing permanent mold and core box tooling fleet. Also provides technical expertise for tooling problem-solving and process development, including coordinating the activities of outside tooling and equipment suppliers. Involved in continuous improvement of tooling processes for quality and productivity improvement. Provides technical support and training to operations as needed to assurethat proper tooling maintenance practices and disciplines are being followed. Develops approaches to help extend tooling life.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly Non-Exempt
FLSA Exemption: N/A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures that our tooling fleet is maintained in good working order.
- Works with the Tooling Manager, operations, planner and setup to take tools out of service for repairs at the appropriate time and assure they are returned as planned. Works to coordinate repairs in house as well as with a variety of tooling vendors.
- Works on the floor with operations to proactively address tooling problems and to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Works with tooling designer and suppliers to provide fixturing to effectively process parts.
- Coordinates the disposition of tools that are no longer needed.
- Handles tooling requisitions, maintains tooling documentation, transfer of tooling files, etc.
- Works with tooling vendors to coordinate schedules, maintain project time lines.
Reports to: Tooling Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands-on experience with tool making, tooling maintenance and fixture design
- Prior experience with ISO Quality Systems, Safety/Environmental Certifications.
- Excellent knowledge of CAD/blue print reading & tolerances
- Tool making experience and certification
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- MS Office® Suite proficiency
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Knowledge of all applicable safety and environmental regulations
- Ability to work independently, to make decisions, and to keep team members updated on progress as required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required, including training using multiple sources of media
- Problem solving and data analysis skills
- Experience with permanent mold and core box tooling in a foundry environment
- CNC Machining experience
- CNC programming
- Familiarity with GD&T
- Will work on the plant floor a majority of the time.
- Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabilities