SUMMARY: Inspects and performs routine maintenance of CNC equipment to ensure proper function. Write CNC programs and select appropriate tools for optimal performance. Troubleshoots CNC’s if issues are encountered.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preventative Maintenance of CNC equipment.
- Write CNC programs with CAD/CAM software and select tools.
- Support tooling on the development and improvement of CNC fixtures.
- Work within a team environment to be the machining lead for product launches
- Monitor tool life and update tool management in CNC accordingly.
- Troubleshoot CNC issues.
- Writing CNC Work Instructions and training appropriate personnel.
- Primary contact for CNC & CNC Tool suppliers.
- Establish or improve process standards utilizing data collection and analysis.
- Maintains knowledge of current tooling and CNC technology.
- Reports to: Plant Superintendent
- Supervises: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 year technical CNC program degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of blueprint reading & GD&T required.
- Prior experience with ISO Quality Systems, Safety/Environmental Certification.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Knowledge of all applicable safety and environmental regulations
- Ability to work independently, to make decisions, and to keep team members updated on progress as required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required, including training using multiple sources of media
- MS Office® Suite proficiency
- Problem solving and data analysis skills
- Will work in machining department
- Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.