Manufacturing Engineering Technician
SUMMARY: This position supports manufacturing by monitoring injection molding machine performance, mold performance and maintenance, reducing scrap and assuring product quality. Also assists with performing injection molding setup, start up, tear down and supports production runs and other plant maintenance.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist production with changeovers on equipment.
- Responsible for material drying. Assist with the set-up, adjustment and maintenance of auxiliary equipment.
- Assist with process documentation development and maintenance.
- Responsible for periodic monitoring and recording of product to meet acceptable quality levels.
- Able to identify cosmetic, dimensional and other defects and make proper adjustments.
- Troubleshoot production issues with limited supervision.
- Assist with mold, equipment, and other plant maintenance.
- Be a team player. Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation with the technical team and management to achieve departmental goals.
- Identify and develop improvements for the molding process.
- Identify and develop improvements for mold performance.
- Develop and improve setup and tear down processes supporting production quality.
- Support the documentation development and record keeping for molds and mold performance.
- Work on continuous improvement projects supporting Lean Manufacturing.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Experience with Windows PC based applications is required.
- High level of organization, self-motivation, and ownership of assigned duties.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Able to work both individually and as a team member
- Technical degree or vocational school training.
- Five plus years working in an injection molding environment.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Frequent exposure to moderate noise.
- Safety glasses and shoes must be worn on production floor.
- Working on a climate and humidity-controlled production floor with numerous production staff.
- Infrequent work in rest of the plant where they may be dust, noise, and non-clean room type atmosphere.
ATEK Access Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.