SUMMARY: The Safety Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating environmental health and safety programs, including safety inspections, accident investigations, and safety training.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct worksite audits to identify potential risks and ensure regulatory compliance
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce or eliminate risk
- Participates in the development and implementation and training of safety programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space entry, fire protection, and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Develop and implement safety training and informational materials and accurate record keeping
- Stay up to date with regulatory changes and update SOPs as needed
- Investigate workplace accidents and complaints
- Ensure that routine safety activities are on schedule and are being completed on time
- Own and lead safety action sail
- Respond to employee suggestions and concerns and assist with resolution
- Own injury reporting and assist in the Worker’s Compensation process
- Lead Safety Committee meetings
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Reports to: HR Manager
- Supervises: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Bachelor's degree in occupational health and safety or a related field or equivalent experience
- Compliance experience in the industry
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local regulations
- BCSP certification preferred
- Bilingual communication skills a plus (English/Spanish)
- CPR/First Aid certification a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers, and vendors. Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail orientated with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to work independently on assigned projects and accept direction on given assignments. Planning and organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Remain positive in challenging work environments
- Adapt to changing work priorities
- Ability to solve practical problems and make decisions within a set of guidelines
- Work with others as part of a high-performance team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Copier/Fax/Scanning equipment
- Phone System
- Works in climate-controlled office 60% of time. Will have exposure to foundry environment including dust, heat, fumes and noise. Will travel regularly to customer and supplier sites.
- All personal protective equipment listed below is required when in production areas and is provided by the company unless otherwise specified:
- Safety eyeglasses
- Hearing protection
- Closed toed shoes